16.8.11

SLEEK MAKEUP REVIEW

Blush in ‘Santorini-889’ £4.50 (ABOVE) & ‘Flamingo-937’ £4.50 
I’d heard a lot of good things about the Sleek blushers and all the hype was much deserved. This blusher is a great value for money product; that is super pigmented and on trend, while buffing into the skin effortlessly. I recommend these 100% and I’ll definitely be buying more shades in the future!

Kajal Eyeliner in ‘Nocturnal’ (Black) £4.30 
This is my all time favourite Sleek product, the ‘Kajal Eyeliner’ is so perfect for lining your waterline, tightline and even using it as smudged winged liner. It’s super cheap and because of its creamy crayon-like format, it will last you just as long as a regular kohl eyeliner pencil except you get tons more versatility with the 'Kajal'. It gives you such pigmented colour, the blackest of the black and defines the eyes with a super crisp line. It’s ideal for a nighttime smoky eye or just to make your lashes look thicker in the day! Such a brilliant product that everyone should own! 

True Colour Lipstick in ‘O.M.G-784’ (Red) £4.00 & ‘Peaches & Cream-774’ (Coral) £4.00 
These two shades are ‘sheen’ finishes and they can be a little patchy if applied straight onto the lip, but with lip balm underneath the colours are very pigmented.  I've worn them out and about and touch ups at work were needed, however I would say you get a good 3 hours out of them, before you need to apply more to maintain that intense colour. However, if your looking for something less high maintenance, I'd recommend the 'Pout Polishes' as they last all day with varying amount of colour while also giving your lips a hit of moisture.
Overall Sleek do offer a very fashionable and on trend colour range which is hard to find at a drugstore/high street level. Also, as trends come and go paying a fraction of the MAC or Nars price for a particular seasons colour is very appealing, don’t you think?    

Pout Polish in ‘Scandal-960’ £4.30 
This product is a lazy day lifesaver, it’s so simple to use and I’d say you don’t even need a mirror to apply it in confidence, it’s just perfect for on the go. It smells divine and goes on super smooth, it also doesn’t leave your lips with that tacky or greasy feel, they just feel moisturised. The 'Pout Polishes' give you a kick-ass pop of colour that’s easy to reapply. A massive hit with me.

I hope that this truthful review of my personal Sleek makeup collection is helpful when deciding what you want to try first, all I can say, is the buzz around this company is well deserved and that they have got some brilliant products. 
I haven't ever tried any of the eye shadow palettes. Have you? Let me know what you think!   
Let me know your favourites! 
Take care. L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment